Sunday, April 20, 2008

Catwoman Book to Be Put Down?


We found this little of giblet of craptacularness on Newsarama today buried in their coverage of the New York Comic-Con:


"I heard a rumor online - is Catwoman getting cancelled?" DiDio: "That is true, actually." He added that doesn't mean you won't be seeing the character in the DC Universe.


If it's true, that just plain sucks. It's a great book that's solidly written and drawn. Whereas I think most of DC's uber -events suck, because I find them long-winded, confusing, and unsatisfying, it's little books like Catwoman that are in the trenches dealing with more personal issues that are so much more gratifying. Perhaps that's why my pull list has been heavier on the Marvel side than DC for the last few years.


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy Reads said...

Hi Mr. Fanboy,
Agreed! But I do have to say that I have found Catwoman less interesting over the past year or so than I have the several years prior. I loved all of the issues Pre-Crisis, and even many of the issues Post-Crisis. But Catwoman herself is such a great character; I think we are starting to see a trend in the DCU in which strong female characters are getting dropped from their own titles and becoming background characters.
If this does happen, my Marvel pull list might be heavier than my DC as well.
Ciao,
Amy

6:27 AM  
Blogger Tits McGee said...

You're invited.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Fanboy said...

Amy: I have to admit, I do not get the recent criticisms by feminists to Catwoman. I know those are fighting words to some, but I also know you'll accept that I may just be an ignorant guy and all. Please help me understand.

tits: I'm so there. Tell me more about this bacon vodka.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, it was confirmed at this past weekends NY Comic Con that it is indeed canceled. I'm really bummed to hear it personally. She's a great character and even though they said she'd be around in the DCU she is really great on her own. And I'll miss those gorgeous Adam Hughes covers!

I wrote about the con on my blog and talked about this specifically in my DC panel entry. Check it out if you'd like.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh and I forgot to mention. To Amy, Powergirl has just been given her own book. Finally.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home